Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Good? Better? News

Received an update from Dr. Sonn yesterday. Test results from the PET scan. Good news: the tumors that appeared in the bone scan did not also appear consistent with the PET scan. As stated by the Dr - "good news, but that does not rule out the possibility that the tumors are cancerous."  At this same time, however, "there are some unusual spots in the lymph notes in the pelvic area". Woa. Heavy shit that I don't know how to calibrate. What is the level of risk they assign to ribs versus lymph nodes?. I have no freakin' idea.  Another classic example where a medical explanation delivered over email is almost totally useless without calibration and explanation. I can do nothing other than to wait to talk to someone.

Today was the day when the "tumor board" met at Stanford, and where I expected to hear some form of update as to what my course forward is. As of 9:00pm, no update. This can only lead to speculation. If I applied this "tumor board" meeting to any other walk of society, I can only presume the following: 1) the clear cut cases, whether positive or negative, can be communicated back to patients first. They deserve a fast response. Everything in the middle requires further thought and qualification before responding to a patient. I get it. I will wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment